Wednesday, March 10, 2010

RIP Corey Haim

So it's been a very sad day so far. It really sucked to wake up to the news that Corey Haim had passed away. The news made me incredibly sad. I had always hoped he would get his life straightened out and I hope that at least now he is at peace. My friends and I were big into Corey Haim when we were about 11 or 12, pre-NKOTB. I think we can still recite dialouge from The Lost Boys, which everyone knows is a classic. We liked his other films, too, but The Lost Boys was definitely a favorite. It changed our worlds at that age. hee hee...So many great lines..."What did you do to my dog, you asshole?!" "What are you then, the flying nun?!" "I still love you, Lucy. *hiss!* I haven't changed my mind about that!" I still use that one in tweets quite a bit. ;) But I digress. I am deeply saddened by his death. It seems as if many figures from my childhood/adolescence have passed away in recent years and I'm really not digging it. I know that death is just another part of life and we all gotta go through it. But I'm just not ready. I lost my last grandparent in December and I guess I'm just feeling like we keep losing people. I'm dealing with it, yes, but it just sucks. I truly hope all the ones we've lost: my grandparents, Farrah, Michael Jackson, John Hughes, and Corey are resting in peace. I hope that they've all found happiness on the other side. I know for certain that there is something after this life and I just hope that it's not hell for any of these people. And just remember to always take the time to tell the ones you love that you love them because you never know when they (or you, God forbid) could be gone. I love you all! I really do :-) Thanks for reading my ramblings. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I can comment!!! Love the blog, dude, and of course, as your twin sister, I feel much the same way. I really hope Corey can rest in peace... it has been a very sad day. And btw, I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete